Requirements for Coaches
1. All coaches must register using the on-line registration tab at www.cmlax.org
2. All coaches must read and sign a NJJGLL Coach’s Code of Conduct form and have a current membership with US Lacrosse. This is now all integrated into the coach on-line registration.
3. All coaches must familiarize themselves with the Official Rules for Girls & Women’s Lacrosse available from US Lacrosse at www.uslacrosse.org
4. All coaches must attend or view on the internet a NJJGLL Youth Rules Interpretation session each year.
5. All NJJGLL coaches must undergo background checks prior to the start of the season. 5th - 8th grade Coaches who are Level I, II or III Certified will do their background check through NCSI each September prior to the expiration of their US Lacrosse membership. ALL coaches/trainers must also submit an application to Protect Youth Sports for the Chester Township background check (Even if you live in Chester Boro or the Mendhams) at https://opportunities.averity.com/TBBF
Training: SEE 2019 DATES BELOW
Each year all coaches who are not US Lacrosse Level I, II or III Certified must attend one (1) coaching clinic run by the NJJGLL, US Lacrosse or other local lacrosse organization. Dates will be provided as they become available from NJJGLL.
For the 2019 season all Head Coaches for 5th - 8th grade girls must be US Lacrosse Level I Certified. In addition, all Assistant Coaches for Select teams must be US Lacrosse Level I Certified. It is recommended (but not required by NJJGLL) that all Head Coaches for 3rd - 4th grade girls be US Lacrosse Level I Certified. Requirements for certification include: successful completion of US Lacrosse Level I Online course, attendance at Level I instructional clinic, completion of Positive Coaching Alliance Double Goal training and a background check by the National Center for Safety Initiatives. Please visit the www.uslacrosse.org or http://www.uslacrosse.org/TopNav2Right/EducationTraining/USLCoachingEducationProgram.aspx for more information on the Level I certification process.
Attn: Girls Coaches – Required Training by NJJGLL
2019 Season Education COACHES CLINICS
CPR & AED Training – MAR - in Chester/Mendham
Will coordinate with Chester First Aid Squad
Any questions should be directed to Greg Brozowski email@example.com